View Single Post
Old
12-02-2008, 12:18 PM
BaseballCoach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4KOMI View Post
french media goin crazy over latendresse not playin tonight.
Because he's been playing SOOOOOOO well?

You know, for all the flack we gave Sergei, Lats took a stupid penalty too against Buffalo (and ruined a great backcheck effort in the process).

I like Kosto with Pleks and Tanguay. A bit of sandpaper for that line, and a guy who will pay the price in the corners to get the puck. Tangs the playmaker, and Pleks the scorer. Defensively, they should be fine, and I prefer Tangs on the left anyway.

It really isn't necessary to always play three stickhandlers together on the same line. It's ok to have some grit on a scoring line, especially if it's the SECOND line. Actually, it's probably the THIRD line. Lang-Kovalev-Higgins looks like the second line, Higgins brings some welcome speed and defensive effort to the line.

As for the first line, I like Koivu with Andrei, and I imagine that sooner or later, Sergei could return and displace Dago. Or Sergei could play with Pleks and Kosto, and Tangs could move up to play with Koivu and Andrei once he is fully healed from his injury.

Once again, I really have no problem with Pleks being a #3 centreman, albeit an elite one. And once MaxPac is ready for a top-6 role (next year maybe?), Higgins could join Pleks on the best third line in the league.

Koivu-Andrei-Tanguay
Chips-Kovy-MaxPac
Pleks-Sergei-Higgins

might be as good as we've seen three lines in this league in a long time.

I really think Chips would get his share of points with those two, as well as help out a lot in their own zone.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote