12-02-2008, 02:45 PM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensown View Post
JTG32005 Please provide a rebuttal for this fiction chart
Am I supposed to know what a "fiction chart" is? Because I don't

Quote:
Show us how the penguins can be a better team next year than we are this year or were in the previous year with a few of our younger and more talented players recieving higher wages for their contributions to this team. The goal for the Pittsburgh Penguins is to win the Stanley Cup. Would Malkin's, Staal's, and Whitney's paid in advance expected talent provide the penguins with enough strength to not only get back to the cup but to be able to beat an even stronger Detriot team if not a very powerful San Jose team?

Talbot est1.4 - Crosby 8.7 - X
X Malkin 8.7 - X
Cooke 1.2 - Staal est4.5 - Kennedy .700
Dupuis 1.4 -X -Godard .750

Gonch 5
Whit 4
Orpik 3.75
Eaton 2
Letang .835
Gogo est2.5

Fleury 5.25
Curry .5

1mil injures or 13thoffensemen/7thdman

52.005 with Staal at 4.5, Gogo at 2.5, and Talbot at 1.4. Which are all reasonable.

4 spots to Fill

Lets say

Zig .750

52.755 and if the cap remains around the same...

You have 4 million dollars for 3 players to play wings for Crosby and Malkin

but let me guess.

You want Eaton and Dupuis gone so thats 3.4 mill but who is going to be our 6th dman? Scuds for 2? Gill for 2.5?

So maybe around 5-5.5 million for 3 wingers.
Or just put AHLers for our 6th to save pennies but also make our defense worse!!!
Oye...

How about some of those defensemen in WB? Engelland, Lovejoy, Richmond...maybe one of those as a 6. There's always free agency. Dupuis and Eaton can be traded...not necessity, but they can be for some wiggle. Goligoski is not going to get 2.5 million how it stands now. His defense is way too suspect for my liking. 1.5-2 if he keeps up this pace. Staal has been rumored to have been offered a deal for 3.5-4 for 3 or 4 years. So you're off there. If you have to, you can cut a little off the injuries and call up's money that's set aside. Maybe like .750. And Fleury is at 5...not 5.25

I have said this before, with the economics of North America they way they are right now, it's going to be slim pickens for everyone next year. It just is. The only teams who are going to get superstar players are the ones with a lot of money coming off the books. This team isn't in a dire situation with aging vets and their window to win is closing fast. If it were, I'd say deal Whitney, let's get that winger and take our last shot at glory. You know, and I know, this team is here for 4 or 5 more years.

What happens if you trade Whitney then Gonchar doesn't resign. All of a sudden in 2 years, you just lost two 50+ point defensemen over something foolish. If I believed a package for Whitney would net something unbelievable, I would go over to his condo in the Strip and pack his bags for him. The reality is, you probably won't get a guy to come in and help right away if you trade Whitney alone. Now do you package Staal? I'm not so sure you do.

I still stand that we should just wait for things to play out until Gonchar's contract runs out. By then this economic mess will be cleared up, and the Pens will have quite a bit of cap to work with. This team wasn't built on impatience, and this team won't win a Cup with impatience. Shero's a level headed guy (thankfully), and will not do any knee jerk moves. Trading away a 25 year old, potential perennial 50+ point defenseman, who is locked in at a great number for a good number of years, is just that.

If you want how I see things breaking down, look in the other threads I have posted it in. It's not worth my time trying to reincarnate it here. Boy...problems would be solved if we could just sell the farm for Kovalchuk

Last edited by JTG: 12-02-2008 at 02:59 PM.
JTG is offline   Reply With Quote