View Single Post
Old
12-02-2008, 03:37 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Team 990 needs more content and less jabbering between the 3 hosts. They have 15 minutes of content max per hour. The repeated "sports updates" are just unnecessary. Besides McKenzie, they have zero in the mornings. No special interviews, just boring segments like "Mise au Jeu" and stock tips.

As for Sport du Lit, the Burns 1/2 hour is gold. Bergy and Demers need to be put out to pasture. As for Gregoire, he has a different way to see things. I rarely agree, but... at least he tries. His hockey vs football thing is getting old.

In non-hockey season, Sport du Lit trumps Team 990 with much better features and interviews.

CKAC listener polls are as pointless as RDS or Lou Dobbs. You KNOW what the results will be because of the way the question was asked.

Overall winner... Sport du Lit, even for an anglo.
They do have som eother correspondents, shows how ell I know them, a guy from NY, Washington and a media insider, along with Gagnon, but no real incisive interviews. I don't often think to put it on in my office, maybe to hear McKenzie but silence is growing on me.

It's pretty well taste though. Melnick interviewed Angelo Dundee and George Chuval last week, best radio I've heard in a while. He's in a class by himself doing interviews, but if someone wants a pure hockey show with line combinations arued about, it's the wrong show, more of a sports/music/lifestyles/citybeat sort of thing and frankly, that's more what I want to hear. I couldn't imagine the drudgery of 40 minutes of whether AK should play lw or rw.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote