View Single Post
Old
12-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 500
Third Period
The final period was again not bad, but miles away from good. Dallas took the game right to the Flames from the opening faceoff to the final second of the third. The boys in red simply had no jump, no urgency in their game tonight. It was much like the game against Detroit, in that when the Flames finally did get into the game, it was too little too late.
The penalty kill continues to be the brightest spot on this team with now 18 straight perfect kills. Miikka was stellar, and the players were quick to clear pucks not only from the front of the net, but also from the zone. Managing that on a double minor was also a touch of icing on the proverbial PK cake. Tho I wasn’t happy to see a linesman call that penalty it was certainly deserved. Just goes to show how useless the refs can be as there was one right in frnt of Lombardi when he committed his infraction, and there was no call.
Moss was the best Flame player, without question. He skated, he shot, he hit, basically did it all. He tried his best to put the team on his back. Which begs the question where the heck was Iggy for all of this? To be fair the first line did have their fair share of chances, but Moss outshined everyone else on the Flames tonight.

Overall Impressions
Well, not a bad game, but what I would define as a listless game. The Flames just didn’t play hard enough, or work near to their ability. The Stars deserve this win, and the Flames just have to regroup for the next game. At least there are definitely signs of good her. Again with the flawless PK, and Miikka was solid, with only the one goal that I blame him for (the second one).
This is what happens when your players take it easy for any portion of the game. The Stars are not a horrible team, they’ve been playing under their skill, and tonight they played up to their ability. While the Flames played below their ability. Lazy skating, and poor neutral zone passing is what killed them tonight.

Three Stars By Me
1. Marty Turco
2. David Moss
3. Fabian Brunnstrom

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote