View Single Post
Old
12-03-2008, 12:31 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Guys like Bégin, Brisebois, Dandy and BGL get sat at times because of diminishing skills.

Guys like O'Byrne and Lapierre get sat for diminished performance.

A guy like SKost get sat because of attitude and lack of effort.

There is no secret in these cases and the reasons are usually obvious. We all knew Sergei was going to get benched after his 3 stupid penalties and Carbo saying publically that he was acting like a ten year vet.

But, with Lats, I simply described how a former Habs player saw the situation and was surprised to hear that it may be more of a personality conflict between Carbo and Lats. Why do you click on the thread about Latendresse if you can't understand the interest in him and then mock those who discuss it?
I didn't mock anyone...but please man, look around the NHL for a second!

Guys with as much or even higher potentials than either of Skost or GL get benched as well...from Stamkos, Turris, Mueller, Moller, Boedker, Gagner, Nilsson, Brunnstrom, Dawes, Stajan, Kessel, B.Boyle, Setoguchi, Bernier, Wellwood, Hansen, Raymond, Gillies, Ryan, etc, etc.

What makes Sergei Kostitsyn and/or Guillaume Latendresse so much more special than anyother player? Fans from the teams of the players i mentionned don't go around saying those players are now trade bait because they sat out a few games here and there, THAT'S PART OF A YOUNG PLAYERS DEVELOPMENT, it happens! It doesn't mean they're no longer part of the teams plan long term.

That's what I find ridiculous here...like yesterday, they were talking whether or Latendresse should contact his agent???? Please, Gainey would laugh in their face...they got benched because the coach is not satisfied with their performance, it's up to them to find their way back onto the team and keep their position.

Sometimes, we're all guilty of thinking that no other team has issues with their #4-5-6 defensman or that no other team has struggling prospects or that no other team has consistency issues...look around the NHL, aside from the Sharks right now, every team has some issues

417 is offline   Reply With Quote