View Single Post
Old
12-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
the one that is not a rookie, or sophomore,or youngster, the one that was drafted high, the one with high expectation, the one with an A on his shirt, the one who is critique of other players, the one that disapears games after games. The one whose name comes up everytime we are talking trades.
don't get me wrong I have been a big fan of Chris, and I still hope he will become better but at this point he is not even half of what we expected when we drafted him.
I was wondering, because the other poster was refering to Sergei who did get scratched.

Altho, not as offensively productive as most would like him to be, he doesn't dissapear game after game. His defensive game is still pretty good as is his work ethic. He played really good against Detroit, Buffalo and last night. CH is not our biggest problem right now. You should realize that is why he is still playing with Koivu and didn't go on the 4th line, yet. I do agree tho that going on the 4th for a game or two might put more spice into his game, like it did for AKost. Yet, offensively, his problems are no worst than AKost or Pleks. He's 9 points in 18 games, while before last night, AKost was 9 points in 21 games and Pleks was 12 in 23. You can't have a double-standard for that, they have about the same PPG average, and all of them played extensively on top lines. And all three aren't big problems right now. They all have things to fix, with AKost being the one who seems to be raising his offensive game up a notch. Its just a matter of time before both Higgins and Pleks do the same. When I watch Higgins lately, he seems to be only lacking finish to his game, which is not so bad.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote