Pierre McGuire and our 10 UFAs
View Single Post
12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Join Date: Dec 2004
- Will probably re-sign for at least another year at the same salary. I think he likes it here.
- I think it's realistic to think he could take a paycut for the team, at maybe $3M per year for the next 3 years, with a NMC. No way he plays for another team.
- I don't see him getting a pay raise, he's being paid enough as it is. He chose to waive his NTC to come here, and seems to like it, so he'll probably stay. $5M per for 4 years.
- Out. Chipchura will take his spot.
- No way he comes back at that price. The Habs are classy, and paid him nearly double what he is really worth. I'll take him back at $600K per for 2 years.
- Out. Sorry.
- I'm not sure I want him back. We have a solid lineup up front without Latendresse, SKostitsyn and Pacioretty playing. We have enough quality vets youngsters around that him leaving wouldnt be such a big blow to our offense. Like it or not, he's a bit of a distraction and rarely plays like we all know he can. He is still a huge leader, and our best player by far when on his game. I'd take him back for max 2 years, at max $4M per.
- If he keeps on sucking I don't want BG to give him a 10 year contract. At the start of the season I wasn't against it, but he's played pretty bad so far. Let's see how he does the rest of the season when he comes back from his injury. As of RIGHT NOW, I think $4.5M per for 4 years could be fair for both sides. If he picks it up, I'd go $5M per for 7 years.
- Bouillon is in his prime, but is getting old. He's really really steady, and with Lang leaving, and perhaps Koivu and Begin taking a paycut, we'll have the money to re-sign him. I'll give him $2.2M per for 2 years.
- Out. Enough is enough.
RFA Plekanec (1.6M)
- Not knowing a huge season but with the stats he had last season he's going to get a good pay raise. How about $3.5M for 1 year, to see if he bounce back from this so-so year, stastiscally.
RFA Higgins (1.7M)
- Same story then Pleks, but I wouldn't mind giving him a long term deal like Komo to keep them happy. We know Higgins has a lot of character and one day he'll be a constant 30 goal scorer, with a lot of grit and great defensive play. How about $3M per for 4 years.
RFA Latendresse (0.85M)
- Also not a huge year from him, just like Pleks I could see BG giving him a one year deal. How about $1.3M for one year.
S.Kostitsyn - Plekanec - A.Kostitsyn
Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse
Higgins - Chipchura - D'Agostini
Begin - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges
Total: ~ $49.500.000
I think this is an awesome lineup, and let's not forget Pacioretty, Weber, Stewart, Carle, Emelin could all challenge for a spot. And that's also excluding any UFA signing or trade package (Halak + picks and prospects).
Awesome lineup, not even featuring Kovalev, and plenty of cap space. We should be on the market for a #7 UFA dman.
There is absolutely NO big deal with the fact that we have 10 UFAs and 3 key RFAs.
Last edited by #57: 12-04-2008 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by #57