Thread: Jason Arnott
View Single Post
Old
07-19-2004, 03:05 PM
nyr7andcounting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1
why would u want to give up purrinton and poti for arnott in the first place? arnott is 29, not so young...while poti and purrinton are still very young. yes, poti hasnt been great on defense but he can still improve...i thought he was a bit better last season. i'd rather offer them something like lampman and lundmark...i'm sure they'd want a center in return
What? If Poti and Purinton are too young to trade, then why would we trade Lundmark and Lampman instead? They are even younger.

Arnott is young enough to stay with this team through a rebuild. If he plays well, he could be one of our better forwards right now, and he could be a valuable leader on a young, up and coming Rangers team in 3-5 years. BUT, Arnott mostly plays RW....Jagr is 1, and Balej NEEDS to be #2. Thus, it's not worth the price to get Arnott if we are going to be putting him on the 3rd or 4th line (Ortmeyer deserves ice time also). The only way I am interested in Arnott is if we move him to center and let him play with Jagr, because we do need someone proven to play top line, and Arnott is big enough and can play a similar style to Holik, whom Jagr says he liked playing with.