View Single Post
Old
12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
He did more than say something crude....he crossed a line,
The entire league is built on champions crossing the line. The Hall Of Fame is decorated with players who crossed the line. Welcome to pro sports.

Quote:
and when your own team bails on you, you're in trouble. Even his biggest promoter Hull has hung him out to dry. He's a cancer in the room...everywhere he goes, so yeah Dallas can use him as a scapegoat.
I think this says more about the Dallas Stars, than Avery. I'm sickened by the people bailing on him. Nice organization that bails on a player when they do something stupid. It all looks scripted to me, I think they are relieved Sean did this so they could bail themselves out of a terrible FA signing.

Quote:
Seriously, his actions are undefendable from any angle. You can't pooh-pooh it as a guy just making a comment, it's way more than that.
I'm not saying it wasn't a poor choice of words, however, if it wasn't Elisha.. poster girl for the NHL who used to blog for them.. I doubt this gets much attention, not nearly as much.

Quote:
There was absolutely need for that comment to the media....on the ice fine, sure.
Well, I agree... but nice double standard we have here. If Avery had said it on the ice, and they punched it out.. would this have happened?

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote