Thread: Jason Arnott
View Single Post
Old
07-19-2004, 07:30 PM
RANGER#11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
FT WORTH STAR-TELEGRAM: Jim Reeves reports Dallas Stars owner Tom Hicks and team president Jim Lites are the ones behind the club's interest in bringing back Brett Hull, in part because his "name recognition" could boost ticket sales. Reeves believes it would be a mistake for the Stars to sign Hull, given his age, work ethic, outspokenness and the club's depth at right wing. He feels the team would be better off signing "workers and grinders", players he feels the Stars lacked last season. Regarding Jason Arnott, Reeves believes the Stars "will see what he can bring on the trade market".

Spector's Note: My thanks to Andrew's Dallas Stars Page. This columnist makes a good point regarding the Stars depth on the wing and it's need to obtain more grit. As for Arnott, Reeves wrote that he had a sub-par season, yet points-wise it was the second-best season of Arnott's career. Still, he's correct in suggesting Arnott still has value around the league and it wouldn't be surprising if they did inquire of his market value.

Now Arnott, is big, in his prime and would help us at centre. Now what would it take to get Arnott from Dallas? Im guessing Sather would be intrested cause he had him in Edmonton.

How about this deal?
Dallas - D Tom Poti, D Dale Purinton and 2ed round pick in 2005
Rangers - C Jason Arnott, and either LW Steve Ott or C Joel Lundqvist (henrik's brother)

Would this be fair deal?
I know alot of you guys want to move Poti but with the sad case of are D I would just as soon keep him. Put him with a good stay at home D man and he will put up some numbers.