View Single Post
Old
12-05-2008, 07:51 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 500
Lazy. The word for that period. The Flames simply weren't in the game that period. Prust certainly tried to get his team into it emotionally, but to no avail. Bad passes, not skating, and a complete lack of commitment on the puck and the Flames find themselves behind, yet again. This team is looking more like the Flames of October, and not the Flames of the past 7 games. If they want success they simply must return to the energetic play and strong forecheck of those aforementioned games.

The penalty kill was flawless the first time, and completely taken advantage of the second time that period. The first pk was what we are used to seeing. Solid puck presence, blocked shots and aggressive play in the offensive zone. The second PK was all Blues all the time. The Flames simply didn't get into the shooting lanes, and didn't pressure the puck carrier at all.

I'm going to call out a couple players. First off Dion. Seriously buddy, get it together! You can and must play better than this. Lazy penalties like that will not endear you to anyone. Miikka, I have told you before and I'll tell you again. Rebound control is key. That first goal is your fault. Not totally as Mr Iginla should have actually cleared, but you send that rebound out to the boards instead of right onto the Blues player's stick, and well that goal never happened.

Last edited by Lanny'sDaMan: 12-05-2008 at 07:56 PM.