View Single Post
Old
12-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
You're still completely missing the point, and that doesn't surprise me at all. Your entire argument is based on hindsight and nobody is comparing Montoya to Luongo in any other sense other than the fact that they were both taken high in the first round. You said you wouldn't waste a high pick on a goalie, and Rags showed you that most NHL organizations will.

Buzz means jack. There was buzz around Daigle and look how that worked out. God forbid we actually had more than one solid goalie prospect, right? It's probably better to rest the fate of an organizations most valuable position on the 'buzz' surrounding a player than to actually have a back-up plan.

Maybe you should have told the Rangers organization this stuff back in 2004, since you obviously knew it was going to happen. Heck, I'm sure there a few late rounders in 09 that will shape up to be better than some overhyped 1st rounders. Why don't you write them down for us and we can send them to Slats?

Again, Montoya turned out to be a lousy pick in hindsight, yet he was a very highly touted prospect entering the draft. That's the only relevant fact in this debate. Carey Price was taken 5th overall and was about as hyped as Montoya was, fortunately for him (and the Habs) he seems to be living up to the hype.
Um hindsight? Isn't that what we do here at HF? We get into the drafts and then come back and evaluate them a few years later, esp a Ranger prospct on a Ranger board almost 4 years after being drafted? Oh the humanity!! My original post was this rebuild has not been as good as we had hoped it would be forcing the franchise to yet again overpay players to come here and be our core. Like I said in the past post, maybe I just expected too much with all those draft picks and young players we traded for.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote