View Single Post
Old
12-06-2008, 11:13 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
Maybe you shouldn't be so foolish as to look at GF/GA & W/L records without reviewing their opponents and Home/Away (where they determine line matchups) statistics as well. Strength of schedule is a very important factor in analyzing a teams performance.

Do they have a good record? Hell yes. When looking at their schedule down the road are they likely to keep this pace up? Hell no, its a much more difficult schedule. More road games than home games and games against current playoff teams are on the horizon.

The fact that MTL has played down to their opponents on occasion has nothing to do with this. I'm not saying that MTL has played better than SJ so far this year, they obviously have not. What I am saying is that of the upper echelon playoff teams, SJ has had a relatively soft schedule which means it is likely that their record will come back to earth over the next few months of the season.
Exactly what my point was as well.

I never said MTL was better, but SJ being "far and beyond" the best team in the NHL this year IMO is all smoke & mirrors. They are hot right now. Know who was hot in the first 20 games last year? The Sens.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote