View Single Post
Old
12-06-2008, 02:46 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
That i agree, he can sure create turnovers.....

Latendresse was doing just fine before he got seperated from Koivu and Tanguay. Lang and Kovalev need someone who's willing to finsh his checks and and serve as a wall in front of the goalie then a player like you described in Higgins. The only i notice nowandays with the Lang line is how is Higgins is NEVER in the plays unless Kovalev decides to play a dump and fetch game
The guy had spells last year where when he wasn't scoring, he wasn't contributing. If you don't appreciate that he consistently does the dirty work in his own end, is easily the best on the team at taking away a d man's space and creating turnovers, which is a big thing, I question whether you understand the game or just love the latest hot prospect.

What the guy has a very hard time with is making hands plays, one time shots while moving thru the o zone. That'll most probably keep him from being a big point producer but if you don't appreciate what he brings well, there have been a lot of really solid players over the years that you would have missed out on.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote