View Single Post
Old
07-20-2004, 04:49 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
and don't give me the "freshman has no ice time" argument, becuase brady seemed to have done very well as a freshman, as well as guerin.
Different situations for Murray and Guerin:
- They go to different schools. BC is one of the top college hockey teams, and they typically give their Freshman less ice time.
- Boyle's much, much, much bigger. I'm venturing a guess that one reason BC benched him sometimes is to tell him he HAS to use his size more often. Bear in mind he just dominated high school, but would be penalized if he used his size too much. He needs to learn to adjust and realize that this isn't high school anymore.

From what I've read, he plays like he definitely wants to play hockey, which already sets him apart from Steckel. As he learns to use his size more, I'm sure we'll see him getting more ice time.

I, myself, am really excited that we picked up this kid, after all is said and done. I admit I wasn't too excited at first, but the guys who have been attending prospect camp have so many good things to say about him. It is just beginning to sound like this gamble is about to pay off.