Thread: News Article: Lundy & Gomer Friends again
View Single Post
Old
12-07-2008, 07:05 AM
Chimp

vCash: 500
I would have been surprised if it was otherwise. I think they're both intelligent enough to understand there was nothing personal. Lundqvist just critiscized Gomer in the heat of battle because of a bad play. While it may be unnecessary to scream at your teammate because of a bad play, (because Gomez was probably the first to know that he screwed up) I can understand Lundqvist finally had enough and had to throw out some anger. Didn't Lundqvist, after screaming at Gomez, continue to the bench to lash out some harsh words on the same sequence?

Unless Lundqvist's teammates and Renney want a goalie stick in their forehead pretty soon, they better start acting like a NHL team.

There's one positive though. Lundqvist doesn't seem to decline in skill that much when he is pissed off. Alot of goalies lose their heads and start playing like crap when they lose their focus, but Henke seem to be able to handle it through adrenaline. I remember him talking about his rookie season, then he played the games with adrenaline, nowadays he relies on pure focus.

Last edited by Chimp: 12-07-2008 at 07:13 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote