Thread: Kariya
View Single Post
Old
07-20-2004, 09:47 AM
operasen

vCash: 500
The point is well made that we have NO LWs under contract, and the only one we may resign is Shaefer. Denis Hamel is next on the depth chart. As stated Varada, Langfeld are natural RW; Vermette, Smolinski, White natural C.

I hope Muckler targets a LW and signs or trades for him. I'd offer up a non-Core player, who was not named Volchenkov or Vermette. Chicago has 3 (Bell, Daze, Calder) and I'd love to get Bell here for De Vries (Chicago needs D), Smoke or White. Brendan Morrow or Shane Doan would be too expensive player wise; Nagey from Phoenix interests me, as do Nilson/Neimanen from Calgary. Tkachuk might be available out of St Louis but is too expensive dollar wise. Prospal plays LW and knows Murray (?!), but is again fairly expensive. Ryan Smyth is always available for too much return.

Shanahan will resign with the Wigs or do Leafs (?); Kariya is a softie with nice hands. One of these would be nice, but are not really the answer to a Power Left Wing ala Bertuzzi. Guess my point is we do not have a pure LW and we should have one. Mark Bell might be had - I'd even throw in Eaves in a 2 for 1