View Single Post
Old
12-07-2008, 10:24 PM
kenabnrmal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Well the main reason would be the cap.

There's also the fact that McDonald doesn't seem to be able to work on our team without Teemu. So then if we do get him, we probably won't be able to re-sign him (Teemu for only 1 more year and not much in terms of speedy scorers he might work with after Selanne). Andy's going to want to cash in, this might be his last big long term contract. We can't do that. So any trade would be a rental only.
A rental is fine, everything changes after this season anyhow. IMO, cap issues aside, this team is a prime candidate for a playoff rental. Why not a guy that has been proven to fit in the top-six?

Of course, there is the cap. I'm of the opinion that if this team wants to do anything in the playoffs, either a) Morrison has to get it going, or b) Morrison needs to be extracted from the lineup anyway possible and a suitable replacement be found.

As far as his surgery, I have zero knowledge of how the type of surgery Andy's having related to Morrison's. However, I don't think simply having surgery should prevent the Ducks from pursuing a guy who's provent to be successful in a very specific role.

I dunno, just an idea and I didn't want to start a new thread.

kenabnrmal is offline   Reply With Quote