View Single Post
Old
12-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Noldo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Sre you nuts? Compare Higgins and Plakanec's stats the last 2 years to Koivu's...plus you're throwing in Lang who cost a 2nd and a very good prospect. If taht's not overpayment, I don't know what is.

Koivu is having a good start to the season, but looking at his last 2 seasons and career high of 20 goals...it could just be a hot streak. D'agostini is hot, but I doubt we can trade him for Kovalchuk because he is on pace for like 60 gaols.

Plus,Gaborik is their franchise player.
No, Gaborik is not Minnesota's franchise player, not anymore. (Luckily or sadly, depending on the point of view) the Wilds team has not been built around Gaborik. But Mikko on the other hand is perfect fit for their team: reliable center that can produce, but most importantly is effective on defence, can play PP, PK, ES and has the dedication. BTW, his actual nickname in Minnesota is Franchise.

I doubt Mikko will leave Minnesota. Risebrough has stated, that there were plenty of calls for Mikko already last season, but he wasn't willing to take those offers then. After than Mikko has just got better while his contract (3,250 million through 2010-11 season) has just got better. How many (non-rookie) great 2nd line centers are available for that price? And Koivu can even become great/good 1st line center. Mikko is more than "just" his scoring (that has been top notch this season), he is the Mike Richards type centers: teams best offensive center and best defensive center.

The offer that would convince Wilds to trade Mikko would most likely be something that the other team would not accept.

Noldo is offline   Reply With Quote