View Single Post
Old
12-08-2008, 07:33 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
Drury is untouchable! Heart and brains of the franchise. Like it or not!
Trading Drury would mean admitting that last 1 1/2 years we were wrong about the direction of the franchise. Not going to happen.

I dont get this

Would you rather admit you were wrong and make moves to go in a fresh direction that would be for the betterment of the franchise both now and in the future or be stubborn and refuse to admit that things arent working and just plod along as a mediocre team while wasting the talents of a franchise goalie that deserves better?

I have said it numerous times now why does Drury get a free pass? he is hardly ever criticised why? sure he is great on the PK but for **** sake the guy is paid $7m to do a hell of a lot more than just PK and from what i have been watching the past year and a half thats really the only part of his game that is good.

If he has struggled for a year and a half what makes people think that for the remainder of his contract he will be any different? when it comes to leadership i expect him to do it both on the ice and in the locker room, He may be doing it in the locker room he may not but we dont see that and i definitely dont see it on the ice from the standard of his play or his reaction to the way the team is playing, to me he looks like a guy who knows he is playing at a sub-standard level so he cant be on others backs about lifting their game.

I would love nothing more than Drury to pick it up and be the player he was in Buffalo but at what point do you say it just isnt good enough?

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote