View Single Post
Old
12-08-2008, 02:13 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Moving Lupul is still the most sensible option, but it's to clear cap space for reasons other than Sundin.

Even though Garrioch is full of **** most days, this same information was on tsn.ca the other day...for what it's worth.
I am not opposed to moving Lupul, however, I hestitate to do it until next season, unless we have to. We were banking on Giroux being ready this year and he wasnt. Who is to say that he and JVR are ready next year???

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
moving knuble is a mistake. the man is a stabilizing force in the locker room and he does his job well, for relatively cheap. moving lupul is fine, i don't want knuble gone.
Agreed. I will not go as far as saying he is untouchable, but I think he is a much more important part of this team than people think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Personally, I think move Lupul after the season for a pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Well apparently Steve Eminger and RJ Umberger are worth 1st rounders so who knows.

However, unless we're planning on replacing him with Shanahan or something and are very confident that JVR or Giroux will be ready to seriously contribute next season, then I wouldn't just give him away. The Flyers have the talent to be serious contenders this year, and if Biron (or Nitty) goes on a hot streak during the playoffs, we'd have a good shot. No sense in dumping NHL players for prospects that won't be ready for several years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
As much as I like Lupul, I don't see how he fits with the team next year.

I see JVR taking Lupul's roster spot.

Gagne-Richards-Knuble?
Upshall-Carter-Hartnell
JVR-Briere-Nodl/Giroux
Cote-Metro-Asham

Briere could be moved to wing and have some AHL'er center 4th

Gagne-Ricards-Hartnell
Upshall-Carter-Briere
Nodl-Metropolit-Giroux
Cote-AHL'er-Asham

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
It's not significant. I know Lupul plays the right side, but if we have JVR replace him, how does that have anything to do with Lupul playing on the left? If we replace Lupul, he is gone, meaning his new team can put him on the right. Upshall and Hartnell can play either side, so we put JVR on the left and Harts on the right. Problem solved.

Gagne Richards Briere
JVR Carter Hartnell
Upshall Metro Nodl/Giroux
Cote AHL'er Asham

These are not lines as much of a depth chart. I think Briere might be good on Carters wing actually.

Gagne-Richards-Knuble
Upshall-Carter-Hartnell
JVR-Briere-Nodl/Giroux
Cote-Metro-Asham

????

Lupul is gone, playing whatever side he wants.
Enough with the Briere to wing stuff, it was tried at the beginning of this season and failed. As much as I wanted to see him tried with Carter if he was moved to wing, I am beginning to think Carter just needs wingers to do some dirty work in the offensive zone, not one that is going to want the puck as much as he does.

And again, Metro is not a 3rd line center on a cup team IMO.....If we have a better 3rd line center than fine.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote