View Single Post
Old
12-10-2008, 09:24 AM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for what seems like forever.

NHL09 is such a great game.

Some games you buy, you play through, and then never pick them up again (Assassin's Creed anyone?). Others you play through and you go back to them here and there (Halo 3, CoD4, GTA4). Still others you play, but you do them sporadically and you are in no rush to finish them (Bioshock, for me anyway, I still haven't finished it).

But then there is that game that you play a lot. You pick it up and play it randomly, or between other big releases. When the luster of other games has worn off, everyone has a go to game they play until something new comes out.

NHL09 is that game. When there is nothing new, or nothing left unfinished (round up some achievements in old games, ect.) I play NHL09. This is not a dis by any means, this actually is good. This means that NHL09's replay value is just beyond incredible. I own NHL07, NHL08 and now NHL09, and I bet if each game in my library had a "play clock" so to speak, the NHL games would be 1, 2, and 3 on the list (Followed quickly by Halo 3).

I'm just so happy that I get to enjoy something new in the game now.
I own just about every hockey video game ever released and all EA versions and NHL 09 is in my opinion the best hockey game ever released. I keep playing this so much I have a handful of games on my shelf that I havent even opened yet (Gears 2, Dead Space, Resistance 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, Prince of Persia)

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote