View Single Post
Old
12-10-2008, 10:24 AM
TheCH*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhf1 View Post
I have been outside of Montreal and I watch all our games, thanks for asking, and I'm definitely aware the Habs have a lot of fans we have around the continent. However, since they're the only team in Quebec, I just don't think there are as many anglo fans as there are franco fans.

There might be enough Hab fans in the Buffalo area to fill a third of the stands four times a year, but Quebec is 80% french speaking and pretty much everyone here is a Canadiens fan.

My point still stands. If the Canadiens had more anglophone fans than francophone fans, the main broadcaster of the Canadiens would be an english TV station, because that would be the market for the Montreal Canadiens. Money talks...
Your point is irrelevant. RDS is a Quebec station, and like you say most people are Francos in Quebec. There would be no need for RDS to do an english segment.

But what i am saying is out of the entire habs fanbase world wide, there are more english speaking then french speaking. So there is a demand for an english network to do habs coverage(i wouldn't expect rds to do it though, seen as how most of the homes they broadcast to are in Quebec).