View Single Post
Old
12-11-2008, 05:13 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Ummm - Let me try here

I would keep Dubinsky as a 3rd line center. Watch here below:

Trade Rozie to Buffalo for Henrik Tallinder (who is a stable stay at homer in the doghouse and a countryman to Sundin maybe enticing him to help create the "East Coast Red Wing lookealikes"?) + maybe also skin them for their 3rd round pick 2009 from LA
Saves 2,4 M in cap space

Trade Petr Prucha to Ottawa (that need secondary scoring) for their LA 3rd round pick 2009Saves 1,6 M in cap space

Demote Korpedo to Hartford until the PO:s
Have Korpedo, AA, PAP and Rissmiller join the team for POs
Saves 1,1 M in Cap Space

Let C Potter bounce up and down
Have Fahey and Sauer join the team for POs
Adds 540 thousand in cap space

Sign MATS SUNDIN for whatever is left ( around 5,6 M if I am not off totally)

Näslund - Sundin - Z
Drury - Gomez - Dawes
Voros - Dubi - Sjo/Cally
Cally/Sjo - Betts - Orr

Fritsche

Redden - Staal
Girardi - Mara
Tallinder - Kalinin
(Rember those nostalgic Niagara Falls days...)

Potter

Hank
Vally

With AA up and coming next year (nice probability), we do have an odd man situation at C if Sundin signs for two years - which he probably will NOT. Therefore we can tinkertoy the lineup 2009/2010 with Drury moving in and out of a wing position and keeping the core of Drury - Dubi as 1/2 centers. We need help on the wings though. Say Z resigns, Näslund is still there, and Drury plays wing. That basically meand N Dawes steps up or gets replaced. I think putting him on a 2nd line with a 10 game+ consistency with Gomez and Drury should perk their offensive ability and produce points. If not - sign Shanny? and demote Fritsche? Just a crazy thought

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote