View Single Post
Old
12-11-2008, 05:27 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Florida is dreaming if they think they can get that for a UFA-to-be. Dreaming.

It must be noted though that Pierre said something like ''Higgins, Pacioretty and a 1st gets it done TODAY''. As in, Florida would be stupid not to take such an offer at this point. I don't think he meant that it will DEFINITELY take that much to get Bouwmeester. He didn't say the Habs were in the Bouwmeester sweeps, he was just asked what the price could/would be. He also said earlier in the conversation that CGY wants Bouwmeester desperately, but a quick glance at their prospect situation/current roster and you notice they have almost nothing to offer in terms of expendable cheap young players.
exactly.. The Flames are a good example of my post above, they have no depth.. Nothing to offer.. Dustin Boyd is their only cheap and young player with some value but he is nowhere near to have the value a guy like Higgins have.. If the Flames had a Chris Higgins, they would keep him believe me, they wouldnt trade him for a guy they are not sure to resign at the end and they wouldnt make their team weaker up front to upgrade their D, not logic, its like changing 4 quarters for 1$.. On the other side, Habs can affort to give a guy like Higgins for immediate help on D, cause they have plenty young cheap skilled wingers for the years to come and they have a serious chance to go far in the playoffs..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote