View Single Post
Old
12-12-2008, 12:48 PM
BostonCollegeFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
How has Jimmy Hayes been thus far?
Better than I thought he'd be in his freshman season. Considering he's so tall and dropped to 60th overall in the NHL draft, I was expecting him to be a project like Brian Boyle (Boyle skated on the 4th line as a freshman). Hayes skates well and has good balance for a young guy thats 6'5. I was listening to BU (arch rival) announcers talk about him.... they saw him play last year for the U 18 team and they commented that his skating is much better this year. He has nearly scored a couple times on wrap a rounds with his long reach. He's still getting use to the NCAA game, but he's getting better all the time. He has pretty good hands and a good shot. I've seen no major weaknesses in his game. He plays on our second line already and is starting to get some powerplay time. At this point, he looks like a pretty good pickup for the Leafs at 60th overall. He could be a monster once he packs on some muscle, but that takes time.

Its impossible to tell how quickly anyone will progress, but I don't think he'll be in school for 4 years.

BostonCollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote