12-13-2008, 05:55 AM
Loffen
Legend

vCash: 500
Some tidbits;

NHL Preview

Lundqvist Post-Game:

Quote:
I wouldn’t have been surprised if Henrik Lundqvist ripped into his teammates after tonight’s 8-5 undressing. Or maybe it’s that I wouldn’t have blamed him.

But the goaltender, while clearly exasperated and even embarrassed by matching his career high for goals allowed, merely implicated himself in the loss.

“I need to be better,” Lundqvist said.

Well, sure. If the Rangers keep playing like that, Lundqvist would need to be superhuman.

The only telling moment came when I asked Lundqvist if he definitely wanted to play tomorrow. I can’t remember an occasion when the goalie hasn’t firmly stated his desire to come back and play the next game. But maybe because he doesn’t sense much of an improvement, Lundqvist wavered.

“I’m not making that decision,” Lundqvist said. “Like I said, if Tom tells me to play, I’ll be ready to play. He’s the coach. Whatever he decides. Sometimes you don’t have to think about every decision.”
Renney:

Quote:
Meanwhile, if you’re waiting to hear about a shake-up to the roster for tomorrow night, I’ve got nothing to report. Tom Renney bristled at a question tonight about his defense, saying the problem was with all 20 players, not just the six defensemen.

Maybe so. But let’s just say the Rangers need a quick fix, and unless Mats Sundin has been boning up his play on the backline, the free agent Swede isn’t the one to bring it.

Last edited by Loffen: 12-13-2008 at 06:10 AM.
Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote