Thread: Value of: Thomas Vokoun
View Single Post
Old
12-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Kings were interested in Vokoun prior to the 2007 Draft, but Nashville wanted something like Jonathan Bernier and a first rounder. Vokoun is signed for 2+ years and Lombardi in the past has let prospect goalies develop in the AHL. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if, hypothetically, the Kings got Vokoun:

2008-09: Vokoun starting in NHL, Bernier starting in AHL
2009-10: Vokoun starting in NHL, Bernier starting in AHL
2010-11: Vokoun starting in NHL, Bernier backing up in NHL
2011-12: Bernier starting in NHL

The question is what the Kings would give up and what the Panthers would want. But I think the Kings have reason to be interested, although they did pass on Khabibulin seemingly for financial reasons. So perhaps adding a 5+ million dollar goalie just isn't something ownership is keen on doing.
LA makes the most sense to me as well. Obviously one of the 2 goalies the Kings have already would be going back in the deal. If I'm FL, I'd ask for at least Ersberg and Handzus. It gives them a 1a/1b guy to split starts with Anderson and a center for the top 2 lines. And salary-wise, the Kings wouldnt be adding a tremendous amount of cash. Not sure about the value but I think its pretty close.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote