View Single Post
Old
12-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Did you not notice the Penguins have offensive talent. The Rangers are one of the 5 worst offenses in the East.
I'm sorry, you asked when the last time a team that traps has done anything. Now you want caveats to that query?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Jester please... That team reminds me of Sabres with Hasek (in 1999 when they went against Dallas in SC finals) with much, much, MUCH less scoring and that D ain't that good.

Henrik is.

8 SO, won 7. By old standards thatís 7 points not 14. They would be fighting to make top 8 right now. Do the math.

2.4 GF, 2.4 GA

Gets scored at will in SH situations. Crappy on PP, a little better 5 on 5, very good on PK. Give up 3-4 odd man rushes per game if not more.
That's the name of the regular season now...you get those points and they count the same as any other way to get wins.

The beginning of the season--every year--favors offensive teams. The end of the season--every year--favors defensive teams. The game tightens up and the teams that play smarter team-hockey start to have better results.

All that being said, I'm not saying the Rangers are some juggernaut, but dismissing them is silly. In the regular season you don't need to be great in all phases of the game. But if you can play good D, which they've proven capable of doing the last couple of years, and have a good goalie you can pick up points and make the playoffs.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote