View Single Post
Old
12-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
Agreed. They are catering to the Montreal and Quebec market with their telecasts so they should be homers just as every other team has their homer crews calling the games. There is no doubt who is calling the games for Sabre games and what side he is on when he yells "he scores" for a full minute!! The CJAD guys are 100% homers but nobody is calling them out.

Brunet has been at this job for a couple of months and Tremblay should never have written this piece. He comes off like a language cop because Brunet doesn't speak French as well as Houde. Did he ever say anything about Demers? Jacques sounds like a typical hick but nobody complains about his "tabarouette" or whatever the correct spelling is.

It was a cheap shot by an eternally complaining egocentric figure that most wish would just go away. Brunet deserves some time to get better and shouldn't get pointed out because his French is not up to Tremblay's standards.
In total agreement with you. I think Tremblay speaking about Brunet's unprofessional demeaner is really the pot calling the kettle black. To me, being unprofessional in the position Brunet's in would be, while the game's ungoing, to start talking about how his mother makes unbelievable pies or how great Lecavalier's new house looks. You know who I'm talking about, we were there not long ago.

Personally I'm one more voice for the Dubé wet dream but as far as I'm concerned, Brunet is earning his wage the same way he did in the NHL. He keeps things simple and doesn't try to be something he's not. I think he does an honest job and although he's far from perfection, I welcome the player mentality he brings to a cast of guys who have very little credibility in terms of hockey knowledge (I think the addition of Joel Bouchard is the same kind of positive reinforcement).

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote