View Single Post
Old
12-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Happyhary9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
Jonathan Toews is awesome, no doubt. I just don't think he's as awesome as some people here do.

I think Toews will top out around 80-90 points in his prime while playing excellent two-way hockey and being a tremendous leader.

Kessel meanwhile I think will contend for the Rocket Richard trophy annually in his prime, and is a good bet to top 100 points more than once.

It all depends on what your team needs. In Boston, we already have two centers who play a similar two-way game to Toews in Bergeron and Krejci - not nearly as good, mind you, but we already have them. Factor in the leadership brought on by guys like Lucic and Stuart, and we're set in that department for the foreseeable future, as well.

Me? I take Kessel. I really think the sky is the limit for this kid, as evidenced by his current 15 game point streak and 55 goal pace at 21 years old.
While I agree with almost every thing here, in the fact that it may depend on teams needs. But why do people think Toews is only going to be a 80-90 point player in his prime. I mean he is a 20 year old in his second season and will probably get 80 points this year. He started out real slow in the fact of getting points but was creating chances just not getting the bounces. He had 10 points in his first 15 games since then he has put 13 points in the last 12 games and he just keeps getting better. He can take over a game by himself, just look at some of the goals he scores, he can do everything at such a high speed. He will probably be a PPG player at 20 but people don't think he will improve and only be that in his prime.

Happyhary9 is offline   Reply With Quote