View Single Post
Old
12-14-2008, 07:28 PM
LesCanadiens

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ET_(atari_2600)
The best game ever.

I'm not a Carboneau hater, I just found what he said to be kind of weird. By saying that he can not teach scoring, he's basically putting all the blame on the players, because they can't bury their chances, which is their own fault, and has nothing to do with the way they're being instructed to play.

I'd be curious to see how the team would react with a different coach behind the bench. It could be that Carboneau is not that good of a motivator, but it could also be that the players that compose this team have very little heart, and that the coach has nothing to do with their poor performance.
Bingo!

They've proven it. I'll put it this way....if they had heart...they would not be denied. The only guys I see driving to the net are Koivu, Kost, Begin, Laps, Higgins, D'agostini and Lang to a degree. The rest....fugghetaboudit...watch them play, they don't drive to the net, they don't stand in front of the net and they don't fight for the puck or for position....i t's chronic heart failure...we're one of the easiest teams to check...just go near them and they give up. It's pathetic.

IMO, this started playoffs last year...they got a serious dose of N/A style playoff hockey, and they now have post traumatic stress disorder.

I feel for Carbo...and for Gainey for having faith and confidence in this cowardly group. Those 2 guys were fearless warriors...it must kill them to watch these wimps.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote