View Single Post
Old
12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
CM-

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
we'd be screwed even if the cap didn't go down the following year (and we know that there's a very good chance that it does go down).

Remember you're now at the current cap at almost $57mill. Next season you Luongo, Kesler and Mitchell all hitting UFA status.

a roster like that will leave you with no room, no flexibility and the risk of losing your most valuable goalie and dman the following year.

Just not worth it, IMO.

plus, I'd stay FAR away from Gaborik, especially at that salary... there's no way he's earned that kind of salary after the injury history he's had... chances are that you'll be able to get Havlat for half the price (or around $4mill), and I'd rather take an injury-prone Havlat at $4mill over an injury-prone Gaborik at almost $8mill.

And Hossa deserves more money than Gaborik as well, not sure why his salary is slightly less above?

finally, next season, Hodgson looks like he's ready to jump into the NHL... don't think that sending him back to junior for another year does him any good (and he'd still be too young to play in the AHL).

if Hossa wants to sign in Vancouver and they can fit him in, great... but Gaborik is asking for trouble with his injury history and that type of contract. And Demitra himself is *much* better on the wing than he is at center.

I agree adding Hossa would be an ideal. and like another previous poster mentioned Bouwmeester would be next in importance.
Those would be the top 2 targets on pretty much every teams list. I would mind if the Canucks threw 7-8 mil on both. (only if Luongo would either take a slight raise or (7 mil tops) would I sign both. otherwise It would make more sense to sign the twins and try and get Bouwmeester.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote