View Single Post
Old
12-14-2008, 09:03 PM
dawkins121

vCash: 500
I think what your seeing is a combination of things. The Flyers are a better team than what they showed in the first 6 games of the season, that much is obvious.

The Rangers are falling back down to Earth and once teams make up the games in hand they will lose their division lead to one team or another. (By the way I'm pretty sure like half of their wins have been shootout wins....no shootout during the playoff boys!)

Once the Penguins get healthy, they will be a force to be reckoned with, especially if they do what I think they should have done a long time ago and package Staal, Letang, and a pick for a top tier winger like Gaborik or Kovalchuk.

The Devils are scary right now. They are learning to score goals, Elias and Gionta have come on strong, and they are doing it all without Brodeur.

All in all I think the Flyers' resurgence has been nice, but it's still too early to tell which one of these teams will finish first and which will finish fourth. Right now they all seem capable of ripping off a 7 or 8 game win streak to push out in front or drop 5 in a row and give themselves some catching up to do.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote