View Single Post
12-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
It seems to me both teams fans hate the deal which is why it just might work.
Here is my view:
For Rangers Fans:
1) you get out from under a horrible contract and free up cap room to sign Sundin.
2) you pick up a pretty good prospect in Schremp who happens to be from the area.
3) you add a pretty good hockey player in Cole for the short term with first right to resign him long term.
For Oiler Fans:
1) the team gets the best player in the deal at a discount price because of his contract.
2) You add a 1st line center who is either a core part of your team or a trade chip but either way its better than losing cole for nothing.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Chayos