View Single Post
Old
12-16-2008, 02:29 PM
pitseleh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
It is kinda dumb now that you mention that... I mean if he wants a 1 year deal then he's only going to be spending the next 6 months or so in New York... then off again to his home of Sweden maybe permanently. If he really wants to live and experience New York, he can just buy a condo in Manhattan and have his post-retirement business based in NYC.

Of course, his decision will be a combination of where he wants to live and hockey-related decisions, but in this sense, if he loves NYC so much, I'm sure he can make do without living there for 6 months.

Now if he wants a 2-year deal, it changes things a bit, I don't know what his thought process would be, but then again who really does.
Exactly. It's not like he's some average person who moves to New York for their career for quality of life reasons. He's spending 6 months tops there, and really he's not going to be enjoying himself much during the playoffs so it's closer to 4 months. Is it worth $2 or $3 million to spend the next four months in NY? I know he has a lot of money, but regardless of how much money you have that's a lot to give up.

Now if he thinks NY gives him a much better chance to win, that's a different story and I understand his decision, but doing it for the lifestyle reasons seems shortsighted to me.