View Single Post
Old
12-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Batarnac

vCash: 500
I don't really mind Ben Brun, he do repeat himself a lot game after game and sometimes I get frustrated to hear him say some things but it was the same with Pednault, and it would certainly be the same with another guy. I think he could more prepared for the game and that he should try to expand his vocabulary. I remember that clip where he's laughing at Jacques Demers who has a hard time saying téléspectateurs, but Brunet often fumble and babbles while speaking. And sometimes he starts a sentence and never finishes it, which leads to Pierre going back to describe the play as if Benoît never said anything. What I appreciate from him is some little things he sees sometimes that I haven't noticed, he knows the game and this shows when he gives some pertinent input on the play. Of course, his love for fourth line players and grinders can be a little annoying but he is always praising a player for a good effort, and criticizing them to when they deserve it.

And those saying he is a rookie are wrong, he was doing the color-commentary for the Sens games last year. I don't know how many he did exactly, but combined with the 30 games of this season, he's now passed the rookie level.

Batarnac is offline   Reply With Quote