View Single Post
Old
12-16-2008, 08:02 PM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
So you are saying that those 10 of 12 losses where the Kings only scored 2 goals that the Kings goalies should have given up 1 or none? Is that a realistic expectation?
What I'm saying is that as a TEAM, they have limited the oppositions shots, quality scoring chances and yes goals...

Moving forward, I've said the it's likely that IF as a TEAM they were to move into a more offensive look, it would probably come at the sacrifice of some of the smothering defensive play and in turn they'd be likely to give up more shots, quality scoring chances and goals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
It is possible....but I can remember several times over these past few months where the Kings missed wide open nets or had great opportunities to score (but failed) while they were still keeping the shots against low. Was that the goaltenders fault?
Absolutely not that still doesn't make either goalie an NHL #1 goalie. I've actually seen a player or two (other than a goalie) blocking wide open net shots, clearing pucks off goal lines and basically saving goals too!!!

LaBarbera and Ersberg are both UFA after this season. You think they should both be pursued?

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote