View Single Post
Old
12-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
I'm sorry the #1 priority with this team this summer has to be the goaltending. You can spin it anyway you want but the fact of the matter is we are not getting solid NHL goaltending which is why both guys have been the #1 at one point (whether they where officially given the title or not) and lost it. Neither has been a stable force in the NHL for anything more than a few games at a time.

That is great that the Kings could've won more games with a few extra goals. I think some of that could be pegged on the line combos and players just playing in a funk. If Patrick O'Sullivan is on the line with Kopitar (regardless if Brown was or not) the whole season, those 5 or 6 point blank chances that we've all seen Calder squander go in and the Kings potentially win a few of those games without additional help. If we had consistent goaltending all year we probably would've won a few additional games as well. If anyone on here thinks that retaining both Ersberg and Labarbara is a sound decision, you haven't been a Kings fan for very long. We need somebody stable in net. I'm all for keeping Ersberg and signing a suitable 1A/B or #1 if it is possible.

I'm usually not a big critic of DL but he came here telling us we need to build from the back out. Up until this point, we've done the exact opposite and he has done nothing to address this issue aside for the Cloutier debacle. This is his 3rd year as a GM and the defense has finally come together but we are still lacking a goalie.

The same guys that were on the team last year are on the team this year and they scored plenty last year. I have plenty of faith in their ability to score goals and I think we're starting to see the offense in spurts because our best players are starting the play like that which they hadn't before.

If we go into next season with offensive UFA a la Gaborik and Jason Labarbara/Erik Ersberg as our goalies, I'll be pissed. Jason has had 3 years to show he can play in the NHL. He can't and I'm mf-ing sick of him. I don't have the hate for the guy some do around here but he is not the answer.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote