View Single Post
Old
12-17-2008, 07:44 PM
habs1993

vCash: 500
Just had a talk with Eklund about Sundin and the Habs...

This opportunity to speak with eklund was a phone conference call listed on his site hockeybuzz.com at 6--7 today....I joined in the call...

I just had the opportunity to speak to Eklund on the phone about Sundin and the Habs...

I ask him what is the real reason why Sundin didn't pick the Habs...He Said " Sundin has alot of respect for Bob Gainey and the Montreal Canadiens organization...the reason he didn't pick the Habs is because of our media circus ...that is the main reason"....

I also asked Eklund if Gainey is pursuing anybody...he said " Bob is putting some SERIOUS enquiries about Jay bouwmeester and Shanahan"...

I also asked him why Gainey hasn't been able to have success with attracting top free agents and be able to make trades for superstars...he said " top free agents are looking for top dollars and the tax system in Quebec is working against Gainey...players can make 20-30% more with other teams"...with regards to top player trades...he said " other GM are trying to take advantge of Gainey because of the poor situation in Quebec with taxes and media...hence no big trades from Gainey."

It's dissapointing that these are the sad realities why our team is having a hard time to atttract top players...

But on a bright note...Gainey has done a great job with assembling a good scouting team, drafting good prospects and created some depth in our prospect pool...

So lets hope our coach and management team can solve some of the current issues and have a good playoff run...

Go habs Go!

habs1993 is offline   Reply With Quote