Thread: Value of: Jack Johnson
View Single Post
Old
12-17-2008, 10:30 PM
no name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Yes, he was our number one guy. That said, he still played at the level of a three or four. Lubo and Blake played even worse than that.

I don't disagree with what you say about the goaltending and coaching. DL failed w/r/t acquiring a proper mentor for Jack as well. Yeah, we did need more than what he gave the team. One powerplay point would've been nice. It is not inaccurate to say he played like a three or four defenseman. Not at all.

I'm not saying he's bad. I'm not saying he's anything great either. We simply don't know. What I do know is that we have four defensemen on the team playing better than he has at any point in his career. Does that make him dispensable? Nope. Just saying is all...
He never played any PP and he was always out with the teams shutdown line because Crawford **** a brick everytime an opponents top line wasn't countered by their grinding line. He wasn't going to score under those circumstances. Someone posted something that showed he played more than 70% of his time with the 3rd and 4th line forwards.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote