View Single Post
Old
12-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
That was probably the worst game I've seen LaBarbera play all season. It was brutal, but yet, he only let in two from what one would call "normal play." I understand Valiquette looked better than he is, but that said, look at his statistics for a moment. The Rangers make him look outstanding.

This team deserves a bunch of credit for going out there and grabbing points against teams they have no business grabbing points from. Or wait, do they deserve to grab points from these teams? Do they have business getting two out of four against the likes of the Sharks and Rangers?

I think so. Lame-ass excuses like the "back-loaded away schedule" need tossed out the window. This team can make the playoffs. I don't care how up and down the goaltending situation is. For some reason I didn't realize that the Buffalo game was on Friday, so it's good we get that one out of the way before facing Detroit. I think we can win that game. I was operating under the guise that we were going to hit Buffalo on the back end of the two-fer. Wasn't so! I think we can get the two points to start the road trip.