View Single Post
Old
12-18-2008, 02:28 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub City Hab View Post
There seems to be a trend to single out individual players for the current struggles that the Habs are facing. It ranges from the Russians to the French Canadians from the rookies to the vets. Depending on who is writing the post, no one is immune from the wrath of the posters.

Solutions range from ludicrous trade proposals, to banishment to Russia or Hamilton, to outright releases. Line juggling is another common solution. Everything is questioned from the player's "hockey IQ" to his manhood. We seem to focus on what the players can't do rather than what they can do.

We need to come to the realization that this is more or less the team that we will live and die with for the rest of the year. For all the trade proposals, we rarely see significant roster changes among any of the teams. Welcome to the world of salary cap.

It would be refreshing to see some objective diagnosis of how the game is being played. Comment on what went wrong on a particular play or on what has been successful. How could the PP be improved by changing the way we set it up. Do we wait for the perfect shot or is quantity over quality a better idea right now. Is the forecheck too aggressive or too passive. Should the defensemen be pinching or should they be more cautious.

Those are the topics that would be of far more interest to me. The constant bashing of players, name calling between posters and arguing about whose talent assesment on a player is more accurate is wearing thin.

We can do better on this board. There is a lot of hockey knowledge here and that knowledge can be used in a positive manner if we put our minds to it.
I think you've become my favourite poster.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote