Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers farm still disrespected
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Duponttime*

vCash: 500
If you read my post I never said Dowd said it. I said the other guy did. You also have to look around the league to see there are a ton of players who were never thought of as top line talents and became that after 3 to 4 years in the NHL. Dubinsky was not thought of as this top end talent. Now, despite his scoring problems, media people always compliment him. Did any media person think Lundqvist was a franchise goalie early on? Or that Girardi would become one of the better young defenseman in the game? Or that Callahan would become one of the leading hitters in the NHL who will probably chip in 15+ goals?

I always go back to the fact that the media never has given the Ranger farm system credit. Dubinsky, Girardi, Callahan, Korpikoski, these guys were all ignored by the media for more flashy prospects as were many of the Sabres prospects. Media guys believe hype. Two way players who project as guys who will take 3-4 years to develop in the NHL never get much attention. Especially if they play for the Rangers.

Last edited by Duponttime*: 12-19-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote