View Single Post
Old
12-19-2008, 09:26 AM
jnthomas

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Its not even a question of sitting players as much as maximum roster. If we ever become healthy again (sigh) then we'd have too many players I believe.

In my opinion the one Dags is replacing right now is Higgins. Dags seems to be doing good two way play, amazing forechecking, and a nose for the net. Those are all things Higgins normally does (maybe minus the nose for the net part, despite his impressive goal total last year).

He could also be replacing SKost, but in my opinion I think the younger brother is here to stay. Partly because of his older brother and partly because he is more than likely suffering a second year slump.

As for potentially replacing Lats, I personally doubt it. Dags and Tender play two very different roles on the team. While Dags is all forecheck, cycling and sweet shots, Guy is about big checks and parking himself in front of the goalie (look at SKost goal last night and even Lats goal). So to me, we'd be comparing apples and oranges here with those two.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying trade Higgins or Skost or Lats, but at one point some room will have to be made. Hopefully sooner rather than latter, because that will mean we are healthy again.

jnthomas is offline   Reply With Quote