Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers farm still disrespected
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2008, 08:42 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
I see the Rangers prospect situation greatly changed since the 2005-2007 "era".

The tragic loss of Cherepanov took the biggest chunk out, and all of the graduates are pretty much in the NHL. Outside of Sangs, Del Zotto and Anisimov - i dont really think you have legit NHL talent there.

I mean sure, theres Moore and Byers, Pyatt, Parenteau, Grachev, Sauer and Dupont. Stepan. But none of those other guys (in Hartford specifically) honestly scream top minute talent, not yet at least. The Rangers have been breeding these kids over the course of 5 years and IMO all of those that belong here are here, the next wave of prospects is thin, and it is what it is.

The Goaltending depth in the organization is terrible (but you can afford that with Hank, but its still a weakness nonetheless) on top of it all.

Hes not that far off in his assessment. I think a lot of Rangers fans have had a mindset the last few seasons that the Rangers have a superior prospect pool, and for a while they did. A lot has changed and this upcoming draft is going to be an important one IMO to get a new wave of blood in here. Top flite talent is no where to be seen. I think its time to try and get 2 first rounders this year if possible, or at least take a shot at a higher pick, especially since A.C. is unfortunately no longer with us.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote