View Single Post
Old
12-19-2008, 12:12 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

vCash: 500
I wouldn't say that's the last time we'll see Carle get burned....unfortunately, he's simply not the most defensive-minded defenseman.

However, I'm certainly not going to say it's going to happen "a lot." Not only was he just generally not playing well last night, but he also looked quite sluggish. He was the most sluggish of all the sluggish Flyers out there last night. I don't know what that was all about exactly...but I do know that it's not fair to get way down on Carle because of one game.

I'm just hoping that him looking sluggish was an odd circumstance and just a result of being tired for some reason...rather than it being some result of continuing to struggle with his recent injury. He wound up having a good game in his first one back as he redeemed himself with a some nice plays and a couple nice assists, but even in that game he had struggles early on and I thought he looked a bit slow.

I'd also agree that Coburn and Carle should probably not be together to start the next game. Timonen and Vaananen have been ok...but they'll probably need to be broken up to get Coburn and Carle broken up. For the Caps game, go with...

Timonen-Coburn
Vaananen-Carle
Alberts-Sbisa

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote