Thread: Line Combos: Prucha or Voros?
View Single Post
Old
12-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Garfinkel1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
A fair chance? If he's a goal scorer like you claim, why has he not scored goals? Aaron Voros has almost twice as many goals as he does over the past two seasons.

Can we stop making excuses for the guy?

As an attempt to answer my own question: I think some people are in love with the idea of Prucha.
Voros played great the first 8 games. He played like a superstar and I thought for Rangers did something great with getting this guy. He had 5 goals in 8 games, two of which game off the Powerplay. He was a +4 and doing great. He took barley any bad penalties and our Z-Dubi-V line looked pretty awesome.

Ok lets make that the past for the time being. We can Call it a hot streak or maybe just luck. He won us some games and kept us in others during that time.

Ignoring that 8 game period, lets look at the stats.

Goals:
Voros: 3 Goals (1 on PP)
Prucha:1 Goal

Assists:
Voros:2
Prucha:1

+/- Rating:
Voros|(-9)
Prucha|(-1)

They Both have equal ToI/Game. However, Voros gets 1:53/g on the PP and Prucha has gotten 0:23/g so Voros has had the chances to get those assists on the PP.

So Voros playing on a Great line through all his games has only 2 more goals then Prucha(1 of which was on the PP which Prucha is not so fortunate to get despite being known his rookie season for racking points up on the PP Don't we need a player like that ?)

Lets use those number for the year..

Voros playing 82 games with this 27 game period
(9-6-15) a -27 rating. 40 minors on the year.

Prucha Playing 82 games with his 11 games.
(3-3-6) a -1 rating. 0 minors on the year.

Obviously, Prucha hasn't yet had a chance to do much offensively and build chemistry. He takes no bad penalties and has drawn a few in the games I've seen him. Prucha also has a chance of regaining his old form which would fit the need of this team. Something that's a little higher on priority then the size Voros brings. (Although that is a need as well, however not a necessity)

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote