Old
12-19-2008, 05:52 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
You guys are overdoing it. He got the soft label, he's not that bad. He's just not the total package. Would he help our team in this trade? Yes. Whether you like him or not, he's a talented dynamic player who is under contract at a respectable rate for a 1st liner center. That being said, he is somewhat injury prone, not in the gaborik sense, but he's not always there. His season and playoff performances speak for themselves though. PPG in season AND playoffs. His team is horrible, he's not making as many points as he usually does, yet his +- is still positive. There are high expectations for a guy like spezza in ottawa. There always have been. Thornton didn't have enough leadership and yada yada for boston, when they traded him he just responded with career seasons and he doesn't even have the same success Spezza has in the playoffs.

In the end, although the option of having spezza as second line center instead of Plek is amazing to me, there's no guarantee he would bring us to a cup, there never is.
Finally someone who makes sense. You people are nuts if you don't want Spezza here. HE is a great passer who gets the puck to people, hes YOUNG FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Hes not Crosby, and it would seem unless its Kovalchuk, Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin in the trade no one is satisfied. I would be very happy to get Spezza. He would be a huge improvement, and would definitely help our Power Play. Your telling me that you wouldn't want Spezza centering D'Agostini and A.K or S.K? Thats just ridiculous. He would improve everyone's play. He is on a team that has been going in a downward spiral, ofcourse he will have confidence and motivation issues. Lecavalier is on the worst team in the league and I'm positive hes thinking "why the **** did I sign on the dotted line". Get real people, I wouldn't give up half the franchise for spezza, but I would certainly Give up Pleks, Higgins, and a First for starters.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote