View Single Post
Old
12-19-2008, 06:34 PM
5 man unit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I think the whole grit thing is nonsense. We lost last year because we couldn't score 5-5 and they figured out of PP scheme. We outplayed Philly, we just didn't win. More offensive support 5-5 and more talent for the PP in spezza will only help. PP clicking and a guy like spezza on our team, I don't care how much grit you have, we'll kill you for 5-5 and we'll destroy you on the PP. Go ahead play tough, we'll play smart.

Spezza can bury btw. 34 goals last 2 seasons plus on pace for 33 this year and this is his off year!

Also, the whole spezza plays 25 min a game arguement isn't necessarily a factor. Lang plays 3rd line, shares ice time and is having a better year than last year. Koivu, less time=more points. They'll be nice and rested come playoff time.
Some good points...other than the grit thing being nonsense. It's hard to find a cup winning team without a shutdown line and also hard to find one with three purely offensive lines. I'm think grit is underated, not over rated. That's why guys like Higgins are so important to this team. You think you can get Spezza without giving up Higgins?

I also think that keeping your core together and steady is important for a winning organization. You dont want to trade core character guys, for a guy like Spezza. (I'm obviuously biased here. I really don't like the guy)

5 man unit is offline   Reply With Quote